Thursday, March 24, 2011

Inspiration

Since I've become a new me, or started to change rather, my taste in music has always changed. When I was 18 you would have found a lot of gangster music on my iPod, even though I've never been anything like one. Now that I understand myself better I try to look for music that I can relate to, or that inspires me. These are some songs that either I just like a whole lot or they seem inspirational to me. I think that even someone who is not an avid hip-hop listener like myself might like something here.

(* asterisk means you might have to listen to the song more than once to understand it, as I did.)


Lupe Fiasco - The Cool*


Kendrick Lamar - Don't Understand


TiRon feat. Tunji & Ayomari - Quitter


Kendrick Lamar feat. Javonte - Opposites Attract


Kendrick Lamar - Cut You Off (To Grow Closer)


Kendrick Lamar - Growing Apart (To Get Closer)


Dom Kennedy - Can't Let Go


Kendrick Lamar - Vanity Slaves


Kendrick Lamar feat. BJ The Chicago Kid & Punch - Faith


Kendrick Lamar - Wanna Be Heard


Kendrick Lamar - I Hate You*


Jay-Z - Song Cry


Drake - Sooner Than Later


Big K.R.I.T. - As Small As A Giant


Big K.R.I.T. - Something


Big K.R.I.T. - 2000 & Beyond


J. Cole - I Get Up


J. Cole - Farewell


J. Cole - See World


J. Cole feat. Omen - The Badness

Okay, I've decided I'm going to make this a series. Because if I keep going this will be a long ass post, there's too many songs I wanna put up. Also it's kind hard for me to think because I recently lost my iPod that had over 7000 songs on it :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment